How to backup and restore a WordPress site using a plugin.
In this tutorial, we will go through step by step process of backup and restore WordPress files and databases. Here we using a wordpress plugin called Updraftplus to backup and restore your data.
1. Go to your WordPress.com dashboard and select “Plugin” from left sidebar menu and click on “Add new”.
2. Now you will land to Add new plugin page. Here you can see lots of WordPress plugins to install. To install our backup plugin type “UpdraftPlus” on the search box and the first result will be our backup plugin.
Click on Install Now to Add the plugin to your site.
3. Once you finish the installation click on Activate button to activate the UpdraftPlus plugin
4. once you activated the plugin, go to “Installed Plugins” on the left side menu and locate “UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore” and click on “Settings”.
5. On new tab click on “Backup Now” to start back your site.
6. Now a new prompt will ask you to what to include in your backup. Check on both to backup Database and files and click “Backup Now”.
7. Voila! You have completed the backup, you can restore files and databases at any time by clicking on “Restore” button.