10 Best Android Apps every developer should know
The Android apps for developers will help you to work on your project and you can spend your free time on programming from anywhere, this all can be done using your android smartphone. A Developer has to code every day to become a great programmer. In this article, I’ve listed 10 best Android apps for developers that will let you take your work or practice with you wherever you go.
10 Best Android Apps for Developers
Here are ten fantastic programming applications for Android smartphone.
Also Read: 10 Best free text editors you should know
DroidEdit is a best android app that allows you to edit programming code through your android device. DroidEdit is a text and source code editor for android tablets and phones.
- Several color themes.
- Infinite undo & redo.
- Search & replace.
- Auto & block indentation.
- Keep opened files and changes between sessions.
- Open files directly from Dropbox or a file manager.
- Character encoding support.
Algoid is an educational app that uses a simple but complete language called Algoid Language to teach programming. This app helps kids, teenagers, and adults interested in learning computer programming.
- Syntax highlighting
- Debugger with breakpoints (interrupt operation and debug)
- Step-by-step execution mode
- Real-time scope explorer
- Auto-completion of code
- Syntax error handling
- Unlimited Undo and Redo
- User interface optimized for small screens
Programmer Keyboard is a free keyboard which has keys for all the functionality needed for programming. There are two types of keyboards: the full keyboard and the compact keyboard with two sets of keys.
Programmer Keyboard Features
- Move cursor using the arrow keys.
- Copy, cut, paste and delete text by just pressing designated buttons.
- Undo and redo what you have typed.
- Insert tab.
- Select text by pressing Shift and arrow buttons.
- Go to beginning and end of a line, using Home and End keys.
- Select entire line.
- Alt and Menu (Ctrl) keys.
- Select word.
Udacity is the best app that helps you in better coding experience. Udacity gives you the best learning experience that fits into your lifestyle. Its master course material developed with industry experts from Facebook, Google, Amazon, Github, and more. This program allows you to access your classroom, connect with your mentor, and track your progress.
C4droid is a user-friendly C/C++ compiler for Android devices. This app features an offline C compiler which allows you create your own applications on Android device and run them even without internet access. C4droid is the preferred compiler for Unix users.
- Source code editor with syntax highlighting, tabs, code completion, code formatting, file association and undo/redo.
- Export&share your programs as APKs or native executables.
- Customizable GUI, choose where to place tabs and buttons by yourself, themes are also supported.
08. Droid Script
Droid Script Features
- Add Buttons, Text, and Graphics.
- Send and Receive emails and SMS.
- Use native controls and/or HTML5 and CSS.
- Access GPS, Compass, Camera, Accelerometer, Bluetooth, WiFi.
- Make 3d Worlds with WebGL
- Build Native or Phaser based games.
09. Developer Tools
Using this app, you can see which resource qualifiers that are being used. Developer tools app helps you to make development tasks easier.This app also has some other useful features.
Developer Tools Features
- See resource qualifiers in use.
- See available system features.
- See screen dimensions in dp, pt, in, sp, px, mm.
- Start Dalvik Explorer (third party app).
- Start aLogcat (third-party app for viewing logcat).
- Start ManifestViewer.
10. C++ Programming
C++ Programming is one of the best android apps which includes C++ programming Tutorials which contains about 140 Programs, many faqs & Important Exam Questions. This app doesn’t allow you to run or execute programs with this app. The output is already tested and displayed for your reference. This app has a very simple user interface and the contents can be easily understood by the users.
C++ Programming Features
- Chapter wise complete C++ Tutorials.
- Output for each program.
- Categorized Questions and Answers.
- Programs with comments for better understanding.
- Important Exam Questions.